Over the past 20 years Ziad has grown from strength to strength and has consistently managed to make shockingly original and beautiful feminine Couture that looks like nothing else in the land of fashion. Ziad grew up in Lebanon and identifies as a design libertarian, showing his Couture in Paris for the past 6 seasons has taught him some valuable lessons and got him on the radar of mainline fashionistas internationally.
Ziad does not focus on what anyone else does, and he certainly doesn’t follow any trend or fad, he concentrates perfecting his aesthetic which has been perfected year on year.
Which in-turn makes his designs almost unaffected, making everything he touches become somehow more original by the season.
Dressed immaculately the elegant designer is both undeniably handsome and yet has a nonchalant care free attitude over him, he carries himself with a combined sense of boyish charm whilst being extremely humble.
Ziad has a strong social conscience and you can see for him making beautiful clothes is what drives him to make the world a better place.
In recent years the brand has become one of the most talked-about (and imitated) labels in fashion. One might say the outsider artist has become a consummate insider.
Thank you for joining us Ziad,
So how did the Ziad Nakad Couture label begin?
- Since my early teens, I was attracted to fashion, to the eccentric fabrics, sheer embroideries and unconventional beadings, it was from there that I started to sketch designs for my family and friends.
What was the story behind your last Couture collection?
- It was Inspired from high jewellery and precious stones, I would describe this collection as charming, sexy and femine, and also very fresh. What makes this collection so special is the special cuts of the shoulders and ruffles.I chose “Orion” as the collection name as this was symbolic and descriptive to the attractive and shiny embroidery applique we used, like the constellation in the sky.
What inspired your core silhouette? Which seems to be maturing year on year.
- My strong enthusiasm for fashion and ability to highlight women's beauty and silhouette have been at the core of my interest.Women dressed by myself are offered aesthetic cuts coupled with a great attention to detail revealing their potent character
Tell us about the Ziad Nakad woman.
- The woman of Ziad Nakad is a very feminine, elegant woman who has a strong personality that catches everyone’s attention the moment she walks into a room.
What fabrics and elements do you enjoy working with?
- Transparent airy fabric like tulle, lace, chiffon
What’s more important to you, tradition in the craftsman process of Couture or innovation with new materials?
- It’s a combination between the tradition of the know-how in couture with the innovation with new materials and techniques.
Whom do you create for?
- I create for the woman that has a beautiful transparent character, fresh and modern
What inspires your creations?
- I am inspired directly from the individual woman and her genuine charm
Who is your ultimate muse?
- I am inspired via everything that portrays the woman in her most beautiful appearance.
What can we expect to see from
- Much more international presence as the brand is rapidly expanding, especially within the USA and the UAE.
Thank you so much for spending the time to talk with us Ziad.
More information: http://zaktyler.co.uk